Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread (TGTSSB)

I already knew that Greg was fantastic, but recent events merely confirm that he is The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread (TGTSSB):

- Given my major deadlines and stressful work life going on at the moment, I declared no more cooking or other hobby-ing for two weeks until all of my deadlines have cleared
- He replied that he would take care of it
- I said thanks, we'll have fun eating out more
- He said, no, he'll cook. And shop. And take care of the dogs. And do all of the cleaning. And basically just let me sit in the office for two weeks and work without having a single responsibility, stopping in every once and a while to give me a hug and ask me how it's going

Not only did he say he would do this...but he actually has done all of the things listed above. Everything. Cleaning, shopping, everything. He's not just cooking, but he's cooking* the way I like to cook so that I can get the food that I enjoy (and boy am I a foodie): healthy, nutritious, mind motivating food. I am currently enjoying a fantastic packed lunch.

Gosh I love TGTSSB. Thanks to Greg for being awesomely supportive.

*also occasionally bringing me fresh glasses of water with sliced lemon. He's a keeper.

No comments: